Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In a studio would a mini fridge work for you?

Posted by laydeebug72 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 19:57

I am leasing 3 studio apartments, they are short term, month to month. Would a mini fridge work for you in this case or would it be a deal breaker? Would you absolutely have to have a larger fridge?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In a studio would a mini fridge work for you?

I would want a full size refrigerator.

o

Do tenants usually rent for just a month or two? Or are they there for several months at a time?

If we are talking about the typical dorm-sized fridge, that would only work for me if I was there for a month. Longer than that, I'm going to want to cook a bit.

Think of what gets stored in the fridge--drinks like water and soda, fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese, frozen food, cold cuts, condiments, etc. Unless someone is eating out most of the time, a mini-fridge isn't going to be enough.

That said, you don't have to get the largest refrigerator out there. There are the huge fridges that many people have in their kitchens today, and there are smaller, apartment-sized fridges.

Where the apartments are located makes a difference, too. If they are on a busy city street, with several options for food shopping a short walk away, then maybe your tenants would be fine with shopping for food every other day or so. But if they are in an area where you have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest supermarket, a lot of people would like to be able to shop once a week or so, and therefore would need the larger refrigerator.

In your situation, I'd make sure the freezer could hold a few frozen meals at a time, plus an ice cube tray. Some of the smaller fridges have teeny, tiny freezer compartments.

o

Camlan, excellent feedback! Most tenants usually stay 4-6 months. We are about 2 miles from the nearest supermarket. We cater mostly to contract workers and I figured they wouldn't do much cooking but for the few that may want to cook this would be an inconvenience with the small fridge. Thanks so much, time to upgrade! I think I will go with the 3/4 size fridge. What do you think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here