Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soggynacho

How to approach noisy neighbor?

soggynacho
17 years ago

Hi,

I moved to this duplex 2 months ago. My neighbor is a freaking DJ and several nights a week I hear (and feel) him playing music. Sometimes he has people over, sometimes he's just got it loud b/c he's doing something outside.

It wouldn't bother me as much if it were only once a week, or for only an hour or two at a time. BUT everytime he does it for 4 or 5 hours. Twice the music has been thumping past 3 AM. Its getting under my skin, puts me in a bad mood and yesterday I got a headache from all the thumping. I try to tune it out but I can hear it over everything... even when i turn my tv up all the way. Sometimes when his music isn't up all the way I can go in my bedroom and turn on a fan and not hear it, but what the heck am I supposed to do in my bedroom all day? No tv or computer in there.

I came home from work today and was immediatly aggravated b/c I could hear music from outside. I came in and gave him the benefit of the doubt... maybe he doesn't know I'm home. After half an hour I couldn't take it anymore and turned my stereo on until I couldn't hear his anymore. Its Loud.

I keep thinking I just want to buy a new stereo and blast him out, but I know that isn't the mature thing to do. Obviously he isn't being considerate of us. Don't know if talking to him will help. but... what should I say. How can I say it politely and effectively?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored