Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a name

Posted by Goldy (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 03 at 10:43

I have a house plant that looks like a corn plant.I need to know it's real name so I can go over to the garden web and look it up.Dose anyone know what I'm talking about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a name

Uh ... try the house plant forum on gardenweb. they can tell hyou what it is.

o

Common name is corn plant, latin name is Dracena fragrans 'Massangeana' Shrubby plant with potential to grow 15 feet tall, with broad pale green leaves with cream to yellow central stripe. Try the Houseplant Forum over on Garden Web for more information.

o

I am going to try the house plant forum but first I needed a name.Thankyou.Idid not want to sound like a dopeThose people over there know what they are talking about.Thanks again.Goldy

o

Hi Goldy,
I know this thread is kind of old but..... Don't worry about having the name of a plant before you post on the Houseplant forum. Of course, it would be helpful to know but if you can give a good description they can probably help you identify the plant and answer any questions you have about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here