Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angel47630

Upstairs Neighbors, UGH!!

angel47630
13 years ago

We have been dealing with horrible upstairs neighbors for about 5 months now. We have complained to the management and they in turn have notified the upstairs neighbors they must be quiet. They have 2 younger kids that rip from one end to the other which is awful pounding on our ceilings. The apts are very large and long 1350sq ft and straight through. The man upstairs, we believe, beats his wife and screams violently at the kids so out of fear for his family we have stopped complaining. What do we do? We are going to try and just buy a house in March when our lease is up, but is it best to keep the family safe from this monster and suffer the noise or do we complain?

These are extremely luxurious apts and I cannot believe such trash got in here. We live on the end, the unit next to us is the model so it is empty and the first 5 years we lived here we joked the upstairs people levitated because we never even heard them walk, now this.

It is so beautiful here, built like homes, the best of everything, we are right next to the pool and sauna/fitness center and live on a lake, and here this violent creep has ruined our home.

What is the best way to handle this jerk??

Thanks,

angel

Comments (10)

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    13 years ago

Call the police. What part of domestic violence are you failing to understand? Call the police.

• camlan
    13 years ago

I agree. Call the police. Tell no one that you have done so, as you don't want the abuser to come after you. Call while a fight is going on, so the police have a chance to get there and hear/see for themselves what's happening.

If calling the police doesn't work, call Child Protective Services. Abuse doesn't have to be physical for them to step in to protect the children.

• westvillager
    13 years ago

This post is so strange I think it might be fake.

• angel47630
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry, I should have stated, we have called the police, but unless the wife is willing to do something the police just tell them to be quiet and leave. We can't press charges on an abuser, the wife has too.

You kind of feel left to deal on your own when the police shrug it off and act uninterested as long as the wife pretends things are great.

We actually have a security guard and he lives on the premises, right across the street from this idiot, management knows as well.

We pretty much were told the same thing as the above poster, to call the guard or the manager when they will be making the noise. I have called when the noise is going on and once he was busy with new tenants in the office and another time he was showing the model apt, so much for that.

Again, sorry I didn't mention the police were our first idea, but that has long since proven unsuccessful.

angel

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    13 years ago

In that case, you call child protective services, or whatever the agency is called in your state. They have more leeway than the police in many cases.

• angel47630
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Believe me, they've been called, in fact, we found out they had moved out of state due to issues.

There is just nothing we can do, even the manager has tried to intervene and we are just gonna buy a house, it's already in the works and now that, that is in the process, I have been able to just ignore them knowing it IS coming to an end!

angel

• hailey_ull
    13 years ago

I wonder the same thing how trash end up in certain buildings.
    Everyone has money these days weather legally or illegally earner so one cannot think expensive place would be free of them.
    Pleas before you leave,hand the woman pamphlets that has info in womens shelters and numbers etc.Some women take a long time before they can muster up strength to leave a bad situation,Hopefully one day she does for the sake of her children.

• brimed03
    13 years ago

Angel47630: "These are extremely luxurious apts and I cannot believe such trash got in here."

hailey_ull: "Everyone has money these days weather legally or illegally earner so one cannot think expensive place would be free of them."

Wow. Because spousal abuse is limited to the poor or the newly-rich, i.e., the cheating poor.

This is an extremely nice bulletin board, I can't believe such bigotry got in here.

• zapatista
    13 years ago

If you are not afraid of retaliation from the monster upstairs complain again to management. Complain again and again until they get sick of you. If this fails to yield any results call the cops the minute you hear the screaming start again.

• westvillager
    13 years ago

Lol, brimed is my hero! The Internet is a global blowhorn.

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry