Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youngwolf1996

question about an apartment manager

youngwolf1996
12 years ago

First let me explain the situation. We have lived in our apartment complex in tennesse for well over two years and have never had a problem with anyone in our complex except when another tenants child ( who has major anger issues, even with her parents) gets into arguments with our child and another child that plays with him. Our child is 10 and yesterday him and two of his friends came inside our apartment complaining about the parent of another child (who by the way was supposed to be a friend of ours) getting on to them for picking on her child when it was her child that was calling them names and causing problems. Myself and my wife informed the children, our own included, to stay away from them and not to worry about them. Today however the child we had problems with was over next to our building talking badly about our son and was heard by my wife. My wife decided that due to the child calling our child names she would talk to her parent. When she tried to talk calmly to the parent the parent informed her that she needed to shut up about it and hung up on her. My fiance decided that she would just talk to her in person because living in an apartment complex we feel that it is best to handle problems as they occure instead of letting them grow and get out of hand, especially when it comes to our child. Myself and my wife went over to talk to her and her door was open. No one stepped into her apt. My wife saw her through the door and asked her if she would speak to her as an adult about what was going on with the kids and the response she recieved was her yelling to shut up about it and if our son wasn't such a brat none of it would have happened. Of course her calling our son names and my wife names, made my wife mad and she raised her voice back at her about how she would no longer talk to her and she didnt have to worry about our son being around her daughter anymore. To make a long story short, this person is friends with the apt manager whom she called. The apt manager came out and yelled at my wife. My wife tried to explain what was going on, and the manager wouldn't listen to anything she had to say. She not only yelled at my wife blaming my wife for "wanting deal with the sitiuation" she also yelled at our son, his friend(who was also outside) and her parents who had stepped outside at the time. She informed us that our children were the ones who were causing problems, even tho it has been witnessed by several people to be the other child, and she was fed up with it and if it didn't stop we (us and our childs friends parents) would recieve eviction notices due to our childrens behaivor. She also said if we didn't like it we could hit the road. My actual question is: Is an apt manager allowed to yell at your children who have done nothing and threaten eviction? Also is there any thing you can do about them yelling in your face and not listening to you because they are on their friends side no matter what the truth is? This manager has her picks and has a tendancy to get in your face if she is mad at you. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH