Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drapes - need opinion

Posted by mdv1976 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 20:58

Hi. I recently moved into an apartment and tried everything I could do to remove attention from the stark white walls. Should I have 2 panels for each window or are the singles fine? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drapes - need opinion

If you keep them stacked back like that and not try to close them, they look fine as is.

o

You have done a great job decorating your living room. I would
either line the drapes or add more panels and stack back so they aren't transparent. I suggest that the bottom of the lowest picture in your grouping be brought down to six inches above your couch so that the couch and art grouping are seen as one focal point.

o

the singles are fine - but you could go a lot denser with the drapes if you're looking to add color to the room...

you can use sheers to color the light as it enters the room - soft pinks browns or golds can warm cold light, blues, greens and greys can cool direct sunlight

or you can use solid panels to add 'art' elements to that wall - and I like the way when you push them to the left on the first window, and to the right on the second, you create the illusion of it being a bigger window space...

there's also a lot of potential for storage under the windows - whether low chests, open cubes stacked with books, or padded benches with baskets underneath, to use as a window seat.

o

I think it looks very nice, and I wouldn't want to limit the light coming in by darkening the windows more. It does not look stark at all, very cozy and comfortable!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here