Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Co-op Boards

Posted by pabanna (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 16, 03 at 15:47

I'm looking for some advice from co-op dwellers out there. We went into contract to purchase a 2br coop, and my application was submitted 5 weeks ago. The board had since come back to us with a list of questions, which I promptly answered with supporting documentation. (This was a week and a half ago.)

I just realized that my mortgage rate expires in about 2 weeks, and it is highly unlikely that we would close before then.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Co-op Boards

I owned a co-op once. Sold it 3 years ago and now "unfortunately" rent. I would suggest posting this question to "Home Buying" boards. Other than that maybe you could call the management office at the co-op and explain this to them. Maybe can direct you.

o
RE: Co-op Boards

I live in a co-op that's self-managed, and I know that since all the work is done by the residents of the building, sometimes stuff takes a little while.

Contact the co-op board and tell them that you need to get moving, and what can they do? Also alert your seller to your potential problem.

And check w/ your lawyer--Does your contract have some sort of time clause, so can you cancel the entire contract if the delay makes you lose your rate lock? This would be a wise clause no matter what sort of home you're buying, but it is especially important w/ co-ops because there are a LOT more moving parts. Not that this helps you now.

And of course check w/ your lender to see what sort of new rate you could get--it may not make a huge difference, and that would influence how worried you feel, and what sort of resolution you push for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here