Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for Manhattan renters

Posted by HarrietHomeowner (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 14:45

Would an apartment ad like this appeal to you?

Pre-war studio co-op, app. 400 sf, separate windowed kitchen, windowed bath, 10-ft ceilings, hardwood floors, 3rd-floor walkup, Upper East Side, 2 blocks from Lexington Avenue express stop and crosstown bus, 3 blocks from Central Park.

If so, what would you expect to pay? Just trying to get some ideas about how marketable our soon-to-be acquired apartment is. (And yes, the co-op allows sublets.)

Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for Manhattan renters

I would say between $3,000 - $4,000? How many bedrooms?

o

it's a studio, love...

one room period.

had a friend at 75th and 2nd paying 16 for a 2-bedroom, but hers was a dreary thing in a poorly kept up building that got no natural light at all, and had a lovely view of the back of the building next to it.

tall ceilings seem to be pretty standard. if the floors are real wood, it certainly adds to the charm...

but 400 sq ft is too small to rent to more than one person, so I'd cap it around 2K

o

I wouldn't waste space in the ad telling them Lex is 3 blocks from the park, or even how far from the subway and bus stop. Give them the cross street; they'll know the rest.

Tell them how much (if any) storage instead. That separate kitchen is nice for a studio, so emphasize it (maybe give sq footage?).

And I'm sorry I can't help w/ price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here