Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soundproofing

Posted by Mom_of_Six (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 25, 03 at 13:11

Hi,

My husband and I moved into a really cute 3rd floor apartment that had originally been an attic. We adore the architechture and have been really happy here -- until we bought our second TV!

When we first moved in, we put our bed in the living room so we could watch TV at night. After purchasing the second one, we moved the bed where it belongs.

The neighbors downstairs must be completely deaf!!! From 6:30am until 3:00am all we can hear (crystal clear, mind you) is their television on the Spanish channels! I stomp on the floor at 2:00am and they start screaming at each other (it's the only way they can hear over the TV) that the 'annoying neighbors' upstairs are making so much noise. WHAT?!?!?!?

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SLEEPING ON MY COUCH TO AVOID THE NOISE!!! We've spoken to the landlord, who in turn spoke to them, and they turned it down a centimeter. I spoke to them and they said that the last tenant had NO PROBLEM with this issue. I'M NOT THAT PERSON -- WHERE'S THE LOGIC????

We were planning on replacing the carpet with a softer/plushier kind and I was wondering if any of you have seen/used/heard of good soundproofing (and not TOO expensive) material that I can lay under the carpet and padding and that will finally shut them off.

The flooring under the carpet is wood planks who have seen better days.
Thanks,
Jessica

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soundproofing

Perhaps they are deaf?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here