Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_six

Soundproofing

Mom_of_Six
20 years ago

Hi,

My husband and I moved into a really cute 3rd floor apartment that had originally been an attic. We adore the architechture and have been really happy here -- until we bought our second TV!

When we first moved in, we put our bed in the living room so we could watch TV at night. After purchasing the second one, we moved the bed where it belongs.

The neighbors downstairs must be completely deaf!!! From 6:30am until 3:00am all we can hear (crystal clear, mind you) is their television on the Spanish channels! I stomp on the floor at 2:00am and they start screaming at each other (it's the only way they can hear over the TV) that the 'annoying neighbors' upstairs are making so much noise. WHAT?!?!?!?

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SLEEPING ON MY COUCH TO AVOID THE NOISE!!! We've spoken to the landlord, who in turn spoke to them, and they turned it down a centimeter. I spoke to them and they said that the last tenant had NO PROBLEM with this issue. I'M NOT THAT PERSON -- WHERE'S THE LOGIC????

We were planning on replacing the carpet with a softer/plushier kind and I was wondering if any of you have seen/used/heard of good soundproofing (and not TOO expensive) material that I can lay under the carpet and padding and that will finally shut them off.

The flooring under the carpet is wood planks who have seen better days.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County