Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jen5276

Dishwasher in new apartment

jen5276
18 years ago

Hey everyone,

I just recently rented an apartment and it came with a dishwasher. When I paid my first months rent, the landlord asked me if I tried it yet, and she said the tenant before had never used it. She said to let her know how it worked.

Well, I tried to use it a few days ago and it didn't work at all. Seemed like it wasn't plugged in because no power seemed to be getting to it. There were no wires that I could see and I wasn't about to pull it out and try to figure it out myself. So, I called her and she said she would have her husband come and look at it - she said she would get back to me and let me know when. (she doesn't live on the premises). This was two days ago and I had informed her that my boyfriend would be home and wait for her call. I left her two messages and she still has not gotten back to me.

Is it me or is this rude? (I am sort of tainted having delt with crappy landlords before.) I mean, I know this isn't an emergency, but shouldn't she at least have the decency to call me back?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (4)

Sponsored