Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flea's in Apartment

Posted by hughnewman (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 21:47

Hi,

I cat sitted for a friend about a week ago and now I have flea's in my apartment, I bought Fogger but I did not know if it was safe to set the fogger off in the apartment. Also should I un-plug the smoke detectors??

Thanks,

Hugh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flea's in Apartment

For foggers yes unplug smoke dectectors. You don't need a fogger though. IF you have fleas the cat was short time visitor.

Vacume really good, throw the bag away even if it isn't full and walla. Without the cat there the fleas you might have missed with the vacume will die in a week.

IF you use the fogger, take all food out of the house. If you have kids take their toys out of the house too. If you don't move them out plan on washing all dishes and everything that might touch food or anything a child might put in their mouth.

o
RE: Flea's in Apartment

Fleas won't just get bored and die. You have to kill them.

You do not have to use a fogger. You can use sprays. Foggers can be dangerous to use. Make sure you use one with an IGR. I recommend Precor. You want something that will kill fleas at all stages of their life cycle. You can order sprays online or get them through a vet. I do not recommend the stuff sold in the stores. In the beginning you must keep spraying on a regular schedule as eggs will be hatching. Vacuuming won't get all the eggs no matter how good of a job you do.

Do a search here, especially in the *Pet Forum* for advice on getting rid of fleas. There id lots and lots of good detailed advice. You must tackle the problem NOW before it gets out of hand. When you vacuum you do not have to throw the bag out every time. Just spray it with Precor.

http://www.pestproducts.com/indoorfleaspray.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Flea Control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here