Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anli222

Scary noises coming from...somewhere

anli222
16 years ago

I live in a 24 apartment complex with neighbors above and neighbors below. It's not very soundproof at all, so I can hear the neighbors not only directly above and below, but also next door to those.

I'm not a big complainer about noise. I wear earplugs if the neighbors have a party or if their kids are playing and yelling. No problem. But this time... For several nights in a row now I've been hearing screaming, banging, and door slamming coming from upstairs. It sounds like someone could be getting hurt. I'm really worried. I know I should do something. But I have a few problems.

The first is, I don't know who to go to - the manager or the police. The second problem is, the noise only lasts for about ten minutes. If I call the police, they will show up when it has already stopped. The last problem is, I don't know where the noise is coming from. It could be coming from directly above, or it could be coming from above and to the north. I can't tell. If I'm going to complain about the neighbors, I need to know which ones I'm complaining about.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone has. Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH