Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I request new carpet with our situation or no?

Posted by Colefamily5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 19:20

Hi. I am new here and this is my 1st question on the forum, I love reading everything on here! here it goes:
Ok, so we have been waiting to move to a bigger apartment, and thank God the door opened, however, they refused to put new carpet in. The people who lived in there before us had a dog and a cat, and my kids and I have dander allergies. Question is, is this going to be okay with just them shampooing it? They just did...or should I press for new carpet? Would it be an issue with something underneath the carpet? or should I hire a company to do a deep cleaning with special solution for it? I know the people here only used a regular shampooer, it wasn't a deep clean. Does the cat and dog urine go through and "stay" there? I have a baby who's going to be crawling soon, the though of him on there grosses me out. I went in there today, the carpet "looks" like new, but is this enough?? please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I request new carpet with our situation or no?

I would hire a good company to do the deep cleaning for you, if there is urine that has soaked down to the sub floor you will eventually smell it once winter sets in and the apartment is closed up, then you can press the landlord for new carpeting.
I would also set off a few flea & tick bombs just to be on the safe side.
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here