Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Living in the 7th circle of Hell!

Posted by Bababooey18 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 16:46

My apartment complex had been fairly good in the last 8 years here. We'd gotten a new property manager about 7 month ago and the place has gone downhill ever since.

Half of the washers and dryers are broken and had been so for the last 4 months. And every month when I bring my rent check (3 days early, just in case some of you are wondering), her excuse is "the vendors were supposed to be here yesterday, I'll call them today". I think she's a direct descendent of Wimpy.

She cut the cleaning crew down to about once a week. And the Southwest corner of our court where no sun shines is flooded from sprinkler water and cannot drain. We have standing water where mosquitos breed (West Nile, anyone?).

Riddle me this: There's a mailslot in the office door for people who can't hand-deliver the rent check in the weekdays because they work and since the office isn't open on the weekends. She's had the mailslot moved to more than six feet high on the door. I'm one of the few people tall enough to reach it.

There's more, but there's only so much space on the website to cover it all. San Diego's getting the shaft on housing (median price: $650,000). 'Nuff said about moving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Living in the 7th circle of Hell!

Could it be that this manager is allowing services etc. to run down on purpose? With the high price of land in SD and CA in general, the property could be worth more than the monthly rents.

o

Happened to me and it was on purpose. If a tenant leaves, they can work full time on remodeling for going condo, or just move in short timers until they do a tear down

In most cases it is a business and tenants are often in the way, especially when property is getting ready for sale. With some major exceptions (I had a dear, saintly landlord who was also a major builder who I am sure is an angel now) tenants are expendable. Get rid of you, rent to someone else.

o

Find out who the OWNERS are and write them a letter ... include pictures of the problems.

It's possible that the new "manager" is cutting back on services and pocketing the difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here