Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
najus

Late night noisy neighbors and lease Q

Najus
19 years ago

Hi, I have a question about the legality of a clause in my lease. It states that the landlords will not settle disputes between tenants. I have an apartment on the first floor of a divided house; a couple and their teenaged son have the 2nd and 3rd floors. Generally we all get along, but lately their son has been obnoxiously noisy late at night: shouting and speaking very loudly (the floors are very thin), stomping around, throwing things on the floor (my bedroom ceiling), etc. I have asked them to keep the noise down, and now the teenaged son has become even rowdier and more disruptive. I even hear him laughing after he tosses things, very heavy things from the sound of it, around on the floor early in the AM.

Are my landlords required to address this problem, or does the aforementioned stipulation in my lease mean that the landlords aren't obligated to intervene in *any* situation?

Thank you in advance for any and all advice. I've got health problems and have a hard enough time getting a decent night's sleep. I'm at the end of my rope. :(

I live in PA, by the way. If that helps.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler