Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spartan_058

Nieghbors with bad personal hygiene

spartan-058
17 years ago

My boyfriend and I have been living in our flat for almost two years. We love our flat, our landlords are great, the rent is good, and it is in a great location for us for our jobs and me with school. About three monthes ago some new nieghbors moved in downstairs. There is a least three people living there (it's hard to tell because there is always more than three voices) and they have at least two dogs in this small one bedroom flat. The big problem is that none of them seem to shower. Their smell stinks up the back hallway/steps, it was so bad one morning that I started to gag and had to stop myself from throwing up. To make matters worse, their body odor comes into our flat, through our closet (where the pipe excess is for the bathroom) so our clothes smell, basically anywhere there is piping or a seperation between the wall and the floor (I live in a very old building). It is so bad that last night when I was sitting in my living room with the windows open because it was a beautiful night, I had to close the windows because their smell was getting pushed in by the wind. I am really at my wits end because I don't know what to do. I know I can't make them take showers, but don't I have the right to live without smelling them, plus it doesn't help that they are loud, yelling throughout the flat and slamming doors (at least the cops got them to turn the music down). I am hoping someone can help me so that I don't have to move because I really don't want to.

Comments (6)