Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nokeysyet

If you could only choose one (POLL)

nokeysyet
17 years ago

hey all! a little debate i have w/ my DH going here prompted this.

If you could ONLY have ONE of the following, in your apartment, which would you choose & why:

1) very quiet BUT lack of light (dark)

2) fantastic light BUT loud (street & neighbor noises, etc)

and...

3) great location (area, street, etc) BUT small square footage

4) plenty of sq. footage BUT undesirable location

i 'think' i know my answers, let's here yours. i'm so curious to see what you all think. THANKS!

Comments (11)

• gw:spartan-058
    17 years ago

I would choose 1 because I can always get lamps to help light the place, but quiet is something hard to come by.

• graycern
    17 years ago

I'd choose #1. I couldn't put up with noise.
    For the second set it would be hard to choose without more info. ie. what makes it a bad location, is it noisy or in a dangerous neighbourhood. If it was a safe location but just a little more out of the way I would probably go for the extra space. If the location is undesirable due to safety or noise problems I wouldn't live there even if the place was huge.

• redcurls
    17 years ago

No brainer for me.....number 1

• zanesmom
    17 years ago

I'm in agreement with the posters above: no. 1. Quiet is paramount for me.

• jannie
    17 years ago

Number 3, good location but small. I had a great small place for 3 years. I still miss it sometimes. I had great times there, loved the neighborhood.

• GammyT
    17 years ago

Depends, if it was just me 1.

If kids are included in the question then 3 if a great location included a great school district and it was safe for them to play outside.

• bill_h
    17 years ago

without a doubt, 1 and 3 for me. i sleep all day, and work nights so 1 would be the most important, no 3 would be the next most important, dont need the room but i like being in a good area.

• maybel
    17 years ago

I'd go for 1 and 3 as well... Peace and quiet lends to a peace of mind. Small space I can handle since I can be fairly minimalistic, and bad location - bad neighborhood, hard to commute to, etc. - is a much much greater pain.

• black-thumb
    17 years ago

1) very quiet BUT lack of light (dark)

2) fantastic light BUT loud (street & neighbor noises,
    etc)

From these two I would choose number one. Although it would take some getting use to my apartment now has bright light all day as the sun rises and sets on my side of the building.

and...

3) great location (area, street, etc) BUT small square footage

4) plenty of sq. footage BUT undesirable location

From these two I would have to keep looking. I take undesirable to mean high crime so that would be out. I can't do small footage because I like and have large furniture so I would end up not being able to move around. For me neither would be acceptable.

• darkhaven80
    17 years ago

For the first set, #1. You can always spruce up the lighting in the apartment somehow and even if not, get used to it and enjoy no bright sun glaring in the eyes.

For the second, smaller square footage...probably. If it's very high crime then no way. But if it's amazingly small, then I'd pass on the better location.

• wvmmrh
    15 years ago

no contest..it would be #10......

(hehehehe...sorry..#1)

i luuuuv quiet/.

Sponsored