Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ideas to get them moving!

Posted by WIKim (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 04 at 23:11

We have water in our bedroom. Nothing of ours is getting wet, YET. Called maint. Sun. no one came called Mon someone came and looked and it baffeled him. No one came Tues. We called Tues.(today) Now how do I get them to get this puddle of water out of my bedroom? What ever was leaking still is. I am soaking up water out of the carpet everyday and it is back in the morn. I am in MN if that matters at all in rules. I is probobly a big problem cuz there is no plumming in that area and we are on the ground floor and the walls are fine. ANd the radiators are not leaking (maint. determined that) So how long do I have to give them to fix it before I get to get something for my inconvienance (if ever)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ideas to get them moving!

Look up your state's landlord/tenant laws or call the state government and ask them where to get a copy.

Usually there is an exception for time limits when there is an emergency, and a flooding bedroom probably qualifies.

Sounds like a leak in an under-the-slab pipe to me.

o
RE: Need ideas to get them moving!

Turns out the sprinkler outside on that wall was shooting up under the siding. (I am sure there is/will be a big problem there one day is not right now) They say it is fixed and they will come and clean the carpet soon. If it doesn't happen this week I will have to get mean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here