Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't want to bring roaches to the new apt.

Posted by nichola (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 22:23

We live in a roach apartment but we're moving to a bigger better CLEANER roach free apt at the end of Septemeber. I want to do everything to ensure we won't bring the gross critters with us. Of course we will exterminate thru a pest control co. our current apartment place uses, since it'll be on their buck. Also I want to use those foggers but what else can I do to make sure they won't travel with us? I'm already going to throw out a few pieces of furniture just in case.
Tips & advice?

Also, this is my first post, Hello.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't want to bring roaches to the new apt.

Hello

Check the moving boxes you will use (especially if they're cardboard). Throw out all dry foods (e.g., rice, pasta), although these tend to harbor bugs other than roaches :)
Wash or shake out your curtains and blankets. Shake out your toaster.

Here are some tips from another forum:

Here is a link that might be useful: Thrifty Fun

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here