Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Becoming a Paid member??

Posted by Dotty9 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 05 at 21:56

My membership ran out awhile back,and I would like to join again,so that I can go into all the forums.But is the only way you can join is with a credit card,or pay pal?? I really don't want to use a credit card; I would like to just send in my check the way I did before. Can you still do that? Dotty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Becoming a Paid member??

Check on the GardenWeb Home page at http://www.gardenweb.com/ if it doesn't say how to send a check on the Become a Member link then email the folks who run GardenWeb and ask them.

o

Dotty(..If you are like me, the last thing you want to do is put your credit card or bank numbers on the web. I found that when making online purchases I go to Staples Office supply and get prepaid credit cards.

In this manner I can get a card that will cover the amount i intend to authorize but they automatically limit out at whatever amount I have prepaid so no one can run up charges against me.

o

The only wayto pay for membership, at this point is Paypal. You can use your CC with Paypal or have it drwn directly from your checking account.

Why do people not want to use a CC online? It doesn't make sense to me. It is as safe or more than using it in a restaurant. Most of the time a human never sees your acct number, unlike in brick and mortar places AND you aren't responsible for any of the charges IF by some chance somehow someone used your card. The CC company picks it up.

I have been buying online for 7 years and the only time I have had a problem with my CC is when I used it at Lowes in town (not online) and the clerk sent my number to NY.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here