Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stretchad_gw

Replacing Window Screens - something to address?

stretchad
17 years ago

I'd like your opinion. We just moved into a new place. I noticed today that all the screens on our windows (6 of them) do not fit. They lean in on the glass letting enough space for bugs to crawl in. Basically they're too short to fit in the casing appropriately. Therefore, I can't open any windows to let in any fresh air (was hoping to do that this fall for nice cool weather and saving on A/C bills). It's very obvious that all of these existing screens are replacements and not what originally came with the windows whenever they were installed (the place was built than 2 years ago) - all the screens are white and our windows are actually tan. It's like the landlord just did a half-a$$ed job. Our neighbors (in a unit just like ours) have original screens...

If you were me, would you request appropriate replacement screens for these windows? Or is that just stupid of me as a tenant? I haven't been a renter in many years so I'm not sure what would be considered something I should have addressed.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County