Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
willamae_gw

Earplugs

willamae
14 years ago

I had issues with my former upstairs neighbor. He has since moved, but I would PAY to have him move back.

We have a new neighbor. Just some background: We live in a old Victorian home (circa 1900s). My husband and I on the bottom, the new neighbor on the top. There is little to no soundproofing. Her "half" of her space covers our office,bedroom and living room. We can't hear her in the Dining room (where we have been sleeping since she moved in) and kitchen.

The Problem: I understand everyday noise. I get it..fine. You flush a toilet, run water, have guests over once and a while.

But this woman is loud. She walks like she has concrete shoes on. Maybe she is one of those people that walk on their heels?? She starts "the party" thursday night and it keeps going till sunday. She slams everything. Don't get me started on the "gentlemen caller" she had come over at 11:30pm on a sunday night(I thought she was being robbed or worse. I was close to calling the cops.) I could go on and on, but you've all heard it on this forum before. My old neighbor was odd, don't get me wrong but you NEVER heard him walk or slam things.

Basically I've been trying to find earplugs that work. I have plastic ones but they tend to fall out at night. I have pink foam ones that do pretty well, but they fall out at night. I've complained to my LL about this woman, but it seems no change. So, I've decided to tough it out (unless I really flip my lid) until our moving date (may 15th 2010). Any suggestions?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022