Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fire Escape Rope or Ladder for High Rise Apartments/Condos?

Posted by MitzEclipse (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 04 at 15:19

Hi All,

I live in a high rise condo, however, it's just the 4th floor. I know I probably woudn't be able to survive a jump from my balcony. Does anyone have any solutions for fire escape from high rises?

Maybe a long rope? or ladder?

I went to home depot and lowes and all they have are commercial grade ladders - but I don't have a place to store nor would it really fit the application.

Your suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fire Escape Rope or Ladder for High Rise Apartments/Condos?

Try this company, they also make custom ladders for different buildings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire escape ladders site

o

"I live in a high rise condo, however, it's just the 4th floor. I know I probably woudn't be able to survive a jump from my balcony. Does anyone have any solutions for fire escape from high rises?"

Keep your door closed and WAIT on the balcony for the fire department. Their ladders can easily reach the 4th floor, and they are experienced at rescue.

OR, if the fire is above you, just take the fire exits.

"Maybe a long rope? or ladder? "
Your chances of being able to climb DOWN a 40story ladder without falling are slim, unless you are in excellent physical condition. It's not easy.

o

I would contact the Fire Department. They will give you the best advice with respect to how to handle different fire emergencies and any equipment that might be useful to you in your circumstances. I have a fear of fire having been in 2 house fires as a child - and am constantly worried how I would get my pets out without hurting them should a fire occur in our home. No way would I be leaving without them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here