Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

ever had an apartment w/o a dishwasher?

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

What (if anything) did you do about it? I've been in my apartment for almost a year now and I finally got a dishwasher. It didn't come with one, but there is nothing in the lease that prohibits owning a dishwasher. I got a portable and I absolutely adore it. It adds to my minimal counter space AND saves me a ton of time in the kitchen! Though I'm only one person I use a lot of dishes, especially with baking. Call me lazy (busy is more appropriate) but I don't enjoy hand washing. Now I know my dishes are sanitary and the work I have to do to get tbem that way is minimal. Plus, since I got to choose my.machine, I got a better one than the cheapos they usually slap in apartments. I've had it for three days and I've already used it 4 times. Everything comes out spotless and I do not "wash" them first. What an improvement to quality of life. If I wasn't just outside the laundry room, I'd look for portable clothes machines as well. Just wanted to share my news with my fellow apartment dwellers! Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert