Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Complicated Situation

Posted by tashlz4ever (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 16:34

Me and boyfriend have been looking for an apartment for a long time. I have no credit , he has good credit. I have tried to get credit many ways and am so discouraged. But this should help . Thing is we got this apartment because our friends are moving . Our friend and my boyfriend worked at the same place until our friend got fired. They can no longer afford to live here and have family and better oppurtunities where they are moving. We took over there lease. We did not make enough to qualify to live there ( 3 times the rent amount which i think is ridicoulous) We have another roomate moving in with us soon but he is not on the lease yet. Our friend took theirs names off the lease and put ours on there. I was honest on our application of how much we made and the lady told us to lie to her ? So my friend lied and said me and boyfriend made way more then we do. We can pay rent . Im just nervous later on after our friends lease that we took over is up they will kick us out or persue charges. Any advice >?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Complicated Situation

Well, as you have found out, being dishonest is uncomfortable and can have consequences. That's the way life is. Being truthful is a lot less complicated.

o
RE: Complicated Situation

I was completely truthful on the application and when the lady asked me ... the lady at the desk told me to lie to her to get the apartment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here