Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanashel

do complaint letters ever work?

nanashel
16 years ago

I live in a cute studio apartment in a rather small complex where the rent is good and the location is convenient. Lately though, there have been issues with the apartment next to mine. It is tucked back in a small sort of alcove to the right of mine. My closet/bathroom window is right near their door.

More and more often the teenage son that lives there has been very loud outside my door. He comes out to talk on his cell phone at late hours in the evening (1-2 am). He stands there and talks with his friends. He smokes. I am a little intimidated by him, so I haven't confronted him. But I have closed the windows quite often and opened the blinds to see who was out there.

The other day I smelled pot. I look out my little closet/bathroom window and he is standing outside his door smoking a joint. The smoke was sailing right into my window. I slammed the window and was quite upset.

I have no issues with people who smoke pot. Just don't let it float into my house. I don't have issues with people who go outside to use the phone. Just don't stand at my door/windows and talk loudly or listen to your mp3s stored on your phone.

Long story short, I want to write a complaint letter to the managers. Will this do any good? How specific should I be? I work a job in which I need quality sleep at night and I am not getting it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio