Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
window fans to cool a small apt

Posted by plyang (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 4, 04 at 10:44

We are thinking of buying window fans for each of our bedrooms but are having trouble finding reviews and other consumer information. Home Depot has an SMC model with twin 9" fans that can be set on intake (both fans pulling air in from the outside), out (both fans taking air from inside and pushing it out), or circulate (one fan pulling air in, one fan pushing it out). Does anyone know about this brand?

We've also seen other models online by Honeywell, Holmes, and Lasko. The twin 9" design seems pretty common, but then single fans of 16" to 20" are also common. Can anyone recommend a brand and model?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: window fans to cool a small apt

Try post at Heating and AC forum, I am sure someone will answer your question.

o

I have used those before, in dorm rooms, and they were great!

o

To get the most efficient circulation with window fans, put a fan on one end of the room or apartment pulling air in and one on the other end pushing out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here