Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karen_shoop

dealing with noisy neighbors and common wall

Karen Shoop
15 years ago

Hi,

I have some neighbors who are pretty loud sometimes. My bedroom wall is their living room wall, and they like to watch loud sporting events and even louder films with lots of explosions, often with their front door open, which echoes. I think their TV set is against my bedroom wall. I was told by my landlord that this was a quiet building and most of the time this is true, but these two really make up for the quiet in the times that they aren't.

I know that they affect the neighbors in the next building from the echo out the door because we've spoken about it with each other.

They are pretty thoughtful about it some of the time and tend to turn stuff down when it becomes late. But sometimes I need to go to bed early and the noise booms through my earplugs. I know we all like to have parties sometimes, but what is so uncool is that they know I can hear them because I have spoken to them about it before, so they know I can hear everything. Yet, they never give me any heads up when they have parties. I was always taught that it was general apartment courtesy to let neighbors know when you would be having a party and I have always tried to let neighbors know when I have friends if we might be loud.

I used to be on good terms with them, but somewhere along the line the guy in the couple decided I wasn't ok with him anymore and he tends to be very brusque with me. One time I made cookies and took some over as a gesture and he acted like I was being a jerk.

I don't want a bad relationship with them but I am out of ideas. And frankly, I am starting to resent their rudeness.

Comment (1)

Sponsored