Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transom and side lites in vinyl vs. wood for big Georgian home

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 21:31

we are building a large Georgian home and the front door will have an eliptical transom in a spider web design and side lites. The pricing for this with wood tracery/mullions is outrageous and I've found a company who does this in a vinyl product that is paintable, but the architect is suggesting vinyl doesn't belong on the type of house we're building. The company who does the vinyl windows is called Awso--I'm including a link to the spider web transom and cross arch design and a photo of one of their products installed. I'd love to know whether I'd be making a mistake saving money and having the non-wood product. http://www.awsco.com/download/AWSCO-Catalog-DoorTranSideLite.pdf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transom and side lites in vinyl vs. wood for big Georgian hom

You might want to repost this in the Building a Home forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building a Home

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here