Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asbestos exposure in apartment

Posted by need2no2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 21:24

Does anyone know the laws pertaining to asbestos exposure? I'm a tenant and building was remodeled. Attic was disturbed during renovation. I had increased problems with allergies and choking on food.

I didn't realize until I moved out that all my allergies were asbestos related and my throat cleared within 48 hours of moving out.

I was breathing this in for several months and need to know my legal rights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asbestos exposure in apartment

Because this is a legal matter, you need to know the law in your state--laws about these things vary from state to state.

Google [yourstate] tenant/landlord law. Also google [yourstate] asbestos removal.

Sorry this has happened to you.

o

You would also need to be able to prove that there was in fact asbestos in the attic and that your allergy wasn't to dust or some other substance in the attic.

o

Asbestos does not cause allergy symptoms. However, it may cause long-term health problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: asbestos

o

I had increased problems with allergies and choking on food.

Asbestos is NOT an allergen.

How do you know there was asbestos in the attic? And can you prove that it got to the apartment?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here