Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
falafel23

Message to management regarding noise complaints about us

falafel23
13 years ago

I live in a large apartment complex, and have been having issues with the downstairs neighbor. I am considering sending this message to the management. It contains relevant details.

Is it a good idea to sent this message? Does it have enough details, or not enough? Please advise!

------------------------

Hello,

I currently reside in Apartment XX. I am contacting you regarding our downstairs neighbor, in particular about an incident yesterday. Yesterday evening, we had some guest visiting our apartment, including some children (we also have a 2 year old ourselves). Around 8:30, as the kids were playing, our neighbors started banging on their ceiling. They did this at least once more. After a while, they knocked on our door and threatened to call the police.

While I think that our neighbors are perhaps overly sensitive (their first complaint about my daughter was when she was only 7 or 8 months old and wasn't even walking yet), I am sympathetic to their desire to have a quiet environment at night. However, this most recent incident happened well before "quiet hours".

Overall, we enjoy living at [apartment complex]. However, the situation, as it currently stands, is not sustainable for us. Are there are any options available to us, or suggestions you may have for us, short of tying our daughter to a chair at night and never having guests over?

Thank you for you time,

-falafel23

Comments (4)

Sponsored