Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apartment Rent Issue

Posted by problem_creater (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 14:14

Hello

I am a problem with the apartment rent. I am temporarily working with a company that provides a subsidized apartments. They provide two types one shared and one single bedroom. When submitting the form online I think by mistake I might have submitted single bedroom rather than shared. When I signed the contract, it did not specifically mentioned about the rates. However, later I confirmed with them that I will be charged for shared accomodation. Now they are charging me the rent of single bedroom apartment and they refuse the change because they say i requested for single bedroom. I contacted my company but I dont see any positives from them. Also the single bedroom apartment rates are so high that I really cannot afford it (as I am college student). I need an advice of what should I do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apartment Rent Issue

Have you told them you can not afford this apartment? When you signed the contract did it have the price on it? If so you will most likely need to find someone to take over your lease or complete the terms on your own.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here