Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rzimmerman30

Shaking Apartment

rzimmerman30
13 years ago

A couple months ago I moved into a new apartment building. It really is an amazing apartment and incredibly cheap for how nice it is. However, about the 4th day living here, I noticed the floor would vibrate. It started doing it for five minutes every fifteen minutes. It usually only does it Monday - Friday, but right now Sunday morning at 8:30 am, its been shaking for over 30 minutes straight. The best way I can describe it, is if you were to be sitting in one of thoes messaging chairs that vibrates, thats how it feels when you are sitting down becuase the floor is vibrating. I've tried locating the source of the vibrations, but I can not. The shaking can be felt all the way across my apartment. I am pretty sure it is coming from below, where there is a commerical building, but the ceilings are 12 feet high so I can't really tell if it is coming from above. The shaking is mild - you can watch water in a cup vibrate. Everyone once in a while after work, my pictures will be crooked on the wall. Maintanence came and they said they don't know what it is. My landlord said they will not move me into a new unit, and I can not afford to come up with money to move into a new apartment and moving fees, if anyone can please offer any advice it would be incredibly greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored