Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Circus-theme dinerware for grown-ups?

Posted by laurahead (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 9:30

Ever since dining at Le Cirque 2000 in New York City, I have wanted fabulous sophisticated circus-themed dishes. Anybody know of any designers or sources? Gien makes some (which I don't really like). Everything seems aimed at kids. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Circus-theme dinerware for grown-ups?

Try posting in the *Antiques and Collectibles Forum* or the *Decorating Forum* or maybe even in *The Kitchen Forum*. You'll get more responses.

o

Wrong forum but I have to ask, what are "sophisticated circus-themed dishes"?

o

see http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=579

o

I am assuming that you have scoured the internet for them but I am going to throw this one out anyway...........have your looked at the Villeroy and Bock 'Le Cirque' collection? If you buy it piece by piece and mix it with some solid colors and banded white pieces, you may be able to get a complete table setting that meets you expectations.
Maybe even mix it with pieces that are white with just balloons, or just monkeys or just elephants.

I happen to know that Villeroy and Boch make the china tableware for many fine restaurants and hotel chains and according to my research for you they DO make the china for Le Cirque. I could not find if they continue their business relationship with the re-opening of Le Cirque in 2006 though. There is a possibility that if you contact V&B that they may sell the pieces you desire or maybe sell 'seconds' of the china you want.

Have you considered calling the restaurant and asking to buy some of their pieces? Some place WILL do this. The only way to find out is to call and ask or write to them.

Peace Pictures, Images and Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here