Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We signed the lease for our old ppl building! Yay!

Posted by kate_7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 8:49

Hey all

Not sure how many of you had been following the current apartment dilemma I have been in. In a nutshell - moved into this building last May and was told it had "a few university students" and was "incredibly quiet." Well, they lied. It's all students and it's stupidly loud...and I complained, complained, wrote letters, etc...and no change.

The apartment complex across the street was my dream place...it's all elderly people and is clean, new and gorgeous.

Well, a colleague at my boyfriend's new job used to live there, put in a good word for us, we got bumped to the top of a waiting list, went to view the apartment and BAM, signed the lease.

The superintendents are amazingly nice, assured me the building is 95% elderly and is super duper quiet.
We're on the ground floor and have a walk out patio. The apartment itself is a bit smaller than ours now, but I'll take my sanity over size!!!

Just wanted to celebrate :) :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We signed the lease for our old ppl building! Yay!

Congrats! Enjoy the peace and quiet!

o

Oh, hope it is a dream for you.

College kids ruin a place. It is too bad landlords lie or give the stupid statement " we are not allowed to discuss who lives here"

Hope it is as good as it gets!

o

Sounds like a good move to me too. I just moved myself. I had a one bedroom apartment in another group of buildings owned by the same complex, but the problem with that unit was not so much students, my neighbors in fact were all working people, but the fact that it was so close to the expressway that runs near here. The traffic noise, especially trucks, was constant. I have been on a list to move to apartments that are rented only to professionals. I finally got in and moved in a week ago. I took a two bedroom, which has a washer/drier in the unit and it gives me more room to set up my office in the second bedroom. I really love the place. The only noise I get now is hearing some foot traffic from upstairs, because these apartments are stick built. But compared to the traffic noise, I will take that any day! Most of the time it is very quiet. This is a university town, and most of the apartments in the area rent to students. In this unit, I have a very nice patio and even a little area where I can put in a small garden. The unit does face the parking lot, but it also is bright since it faces south. I have met most of my immediate neighbors. Nearly all of them I have met work at the university, or are retired. So we have both working people and retirees here. Nice and quiet. What traffic comes by on the avenue through here is a tiny fraction of the expressway and no big rigs! I love this place and I am happy.

Anyway, I am glad that your move worked out. Sometimes it pays to wait a bit to find the right place.

David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here