Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nfllifer

Interesting

nfllifer
15 years ago

Hey all! I use to post on here all the time but have taken a break for the past couple of years.... LOL

Second child was born, I took on a few more units to manage, and my full time job of selling foreclosed homes has exploded!

I thought of this board today as I mentioned this story when I was active. Came and recognized a few names so thought I'd follow up.

In 2005 I had two tenants living in different apartments. Guy was a dead beat and did thousands of dollars worth of damage to my unit. Prior to moving out he got a tenant in a different building pregnant. She moved in with him, not giving any notice. Kept her deposit, and she still owes $685.

She wouldn't give me her address when moving and said it was fine to keep her deposit. I asked for the address a few times as I wanted to go by the law and send her a letter as to why I was keeping it. In my state (MN) I get 21 days to do this.

Now almost 3 years later she calls today asking for her deposit! I laugh say you still owe me money. She quotes the law about 21 days or doubling the deposit. I reply with I never was given an address. She lies and says I gave it to you! My reply is "no, you didn't want me to know where XXXXXX was living with you to keep the collection agents away.

Anyway it didn't go good, and I'm hoping its an easy court trip. Hopefully for my sake her statute of limitations has expired. Either way I should win, but I'll have to dig up receipts and records from 3 years ago.

Sounds like a 8 hour job!

Anyway, hope this note finds all of you in good health and in GREAT homes! I'll try to stop in once and a while.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm