Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Neighbor Help...

Posted by upstairs (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 07 at 20:45

I am new to this website, and I am in a situation where I need some advice. My husband and I live in an upstairs apartment in Las Vegas. We have a cocker spaniel dog named Sadie. Sadie is 25 pounds and stays indoors most of the day. My husband and I work long hours and Sadie does great all the time. The tenents below our apartment are very sensitive to noise and have complained that Sadie's walking around is bothersome...we have 2 written notices against us. The tenents work very early hours, therefore go to bed at sometimes 7pm. In Las Vegas (since it is a 24 hour city) there is no time restriction about noise...noise at 3pm is the same as at 3am. My husband and I are concerned that we will be evicted for us or Sadie walking in our apartment. The management team has said that "a written violation is a written violation" and will not even hear our side about how sensitive they are about the noise. We are literally tip-toeing around and carrying our dog as to not get another notice. Is there anything that we can do? I don't want to contact an attorney because that would be such a hassle, and I don't even know if they would have a right to do anything? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Neighbor Help...

Can you afford some carpeting? It makes a huge difference - her claws won't rattle and the thumps (I presume there are some) will be muffled.

o

Maybe she needs her nails clipped?

o

complain against them for something.Then they will have written violations too over nothing.

o

with a dog you really do need carpeting in the whole house.. hardwood floors amplify noise to the extreme, as I've found out recently in my own house when I tore out the upstairs carpeting and just have hardwood floor until new stuff is installed.. my goodness I had no idea it could be so loud.. every footstep by our dogs is amplified.

o

My guess is her nails need to be clipped. When my dog starts to click when she walks it is time for nail clipping.

When one of the kids cant drive us for a doggy nail job, the clicking is annoying and that is in my own home. I wouldn't want to live under me when my dog has long nails.

o

agree with the nail cutting. Sadie is a small dog. i doubt she is really that noisy. but to help you might want to get carpeting and confine Sadie to certain rooms during the day. My grandmother bought carpet for her apartment. she has it wall-to-wall but it is not tacked down. she's had no trouble with it like that. Find one of those carpet discount places or remnant sales, carpet is cheaper that way. then just put down the carpet in Sadie's rooms. that should really help! good luck to you and Sadie!! and Viva Las Vegas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here