Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
upstairs_gw

Need Neighbor Help...

upstairs
16 years ago

I am new to this website, and I am in a situation where I need some advice. My husband and I live in an upstairs apartment in Las Vegas. We have a cocker spaniel dog named Sadie. Sadie is 25 pounds and stays indoors most of the day. My husband and I work long hours and Sadie does great all the time. The tenents below our apartment are very sensitive to noise and have complained that Sadie's walking around is bothersome...we have 2 written notices against us. The tenents work very early hours, therefore go to bed at sometimes 7pm. In Las Vegas (since it is a 24 hour city) there is no time restriction about noise...noise at 3pm is the same as at 3am. My husband and I are concerned that we will be evicted for us or Sadie walking in our apartment. The management team has said that "a written violation is a written violation" and will not even hear our side about how sensitive they are about the noise. We are literally tip-toeing around and carrying our dog as to not get another notice. Is there anything that we can do? I don't want to contact an attorney because that would be such a hassle, and I don't even know if they would have a right to do anything? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

Comments (6)