Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danilynn72

Can an inspector make an upstrs. neighbr fix floor b4 she sells?

danilynn72
16 years ago

Hi there folks,

OK this message to open to all (especially inspectors!) Here's the situation. I own a downstairs condo and my neighbor (who's on the association board)is a loud walker and has been causing footfall noise grief since I bought 3 years ago. I have tried to talk to her about walking lighter (she does have carpet but I think all the padding is gone)but she acts like nothing is wrong. Now my recess lighting seems to be rattling and the floor sounds like it is crumbling or cracking? Has anyone ever heard of this?

The sounds can be compared to nails on a chalkboard!! I think the nails or joists or something are coming loose but the whole floor cracks and squeaks when they walk-it's horrible. She recently put the condo up for sale, but I want to get the problem fixed before a new neighbor walks in and claims its not their problem!! I called my real estate agent and she suggested having the town inspector inspect it for safety issues. Has anyone ever done this?

Also, can an inspector hold something like a lien or something to make someone fix something before they move?

PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE

Lynne

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts