Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rude landlady

Posted by vgrobogoose (My Page) on
Tue, May 16, 06 at 19:04

i live in what is called an approved home. there is a family who lives upstairs and they are extremely noisy at all hour of day and night.my landlady she is from hungary and she is rude to me sometimes. i live in calgary,alberta and have had probleeeeeeeees with landlord/ladies before and with the local housing authority. i feel that some of thes landlords do not like people who are/have a disability. i had problem with the calgary housing co, a subsidized apartments for low income tenants. basically i am in a room/boad situation with some family. there are 2 basement suites, one of which thres a noisy neigbour. they also have a dog that barks constantly, 2 teenagers who are very noisy.
I have tried to talk with the landlady and my social worker and support worker to no avail. I would like to live on my own so i don't have to deal with this anymore. by the way, subsidized housing is bad because the company treats you like a criminal, trying to rip them off. but i don't want to pay $2000.00+ a month for a place and a cheap place you get bad people in there as well. i hate it here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rude landlady

I'm sorry about your living conditions. It sure sounds like a nightmare. Are you able to live on your own--or maybe with just one roommate so you could help each other out? Try talking with your social worker (in a calm and gentle way) and see what alternatives you might have. I sure hope you can get some help. Wishing you good things!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here