Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
insaneintosa

upstairs, downstairs

insaneintosa
16 years ago

WOW!!! i have been reading posts about noise and apartment living for about 2 hours now! all i can say is thank god i found this site.

a little about me. I am recently divorced and very painfully left my beloved home of 4 years. I have been in a state of duress for months now. Selling the house, the divorce, the moving. etc. My nerves are frayed beyond capacity.

so i decided that rather than moving into a "cookie-cutter" apartment, i'd move into a duplex/house. Tosa is filled with them.

ok, i love the duplex. old world charm yada yada. but i came from living in the suburbs for over, what, 10 years now!!! this whold thing has been a massive adjustment.

getting to the noise part. well...i swear my upstairs neighbor is a horse! i even call her that. last thursday i almost went ninja when my 20 something upstairs gal decided to have a friend over, blaring music and singing at 11:30 at night. i went upstairs and she turned the music off. actually in hindsight, i believe she was drunk and this may have caused her lapse in judgement. (actually she drinks a lot!!!)

like many posters, i have a long-term sleep disorder and

troubles all around. not to mention, my knickname is "the mouse" to give you an idea of how quiet i am, my mother is

totally blind. as a child i could sneak around her and her keen hearing could never hear me. i am that quiet! sooo imagine the hell i have been through the last few weeks with the horse!!! i am sleep deprived and actually swearing at people. i NEVER swear. even my ex is like "uh, things are really bad for you!!!"

well........then i got to reading the "other" sides perspective. the upstairs folks and how they feel. and how they are just behaving normally and being accused of being.... a horse!!! and how they felt like they could barely live!!!!!! and well....it hit the point home!!!

i do believe the horse isn't doing anything bizarre. granted, the weekday music blaring...wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

but other stuff. hey, its an old house and the noise travels!! what can she honestly do!!!! although..she does bang doors...hmmmm

anyway...i am going to pull out my trusty sound machine, get some ear plugs. maybe even treat myself to those BOSE headphones that block out all noise!!! after a divorce a person deserves a treat for peace of mind!!!

hope all goes well....i am sure i will be back!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Unparalleled Design & Dedicated to Quality in Loudoun County