Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landlord may sell

Posted by rosyoh (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 14:22

We have heard rumors that our duplex is being sold to a group home owner. If this is true, how much time will we have to find a new place. We have lived here 8 years, been good tenants . We are in our mid 60's so moving won't be easy for us.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landlord may sell

For heaven's sake, ask your landlord! He's the only one who can tell you for sure what will happen and what you need to do, but I'd also find out on my own about legalities in your munipality or state and what your rights are. Look at your lease, bring it to a lawyer if necessary to check the fine print so you'll be ready whenever (if?) a change does take place.

o
RE: Landlord may sell

if your lease is yearly they can't ask you to just move out untill your lease is up in most states. if your lease is month to month then the new owner can give you notice to as soon as they own the place. in most states you would have 30 to 45 days to move if you were month to month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here