Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about vacuum cleaners

Posted by sandraleavey (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 05 at 13:35

Had a question about vacuum cleaners. In a fairly small apartment, my roommate and I had decided to get one of those broom vacs, but it doesnt seem to pick up anything, except for maybe on the linoleum in the kitchen! We dont have a lot of room, but wed like something easy to handle, easy to store, AND, last but not least, that actually CLEANS!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about vacuum cleaners

o

My boyfriend and I had a similar problem- had a stick vac and hated it! Our "baby," Tabitha the spoiled kitty cat, sheds hair all over the place, so for Mother's Day, my boyfriend got me a little pink Roomba! It's a robotic vacuum that cleans by itself, and the pink one benefits a breast cancer foundation (I think Komen?). We've had loads of fun just watching it go! Anyway, it's really compact, cleans well, and is easy to take care of. We have hardwood floors and some carpet, and it seems to work good on both. Price, I think, is about the same as above... maybe slightly cheaper. Good luck!

o
consumer reports

consumer reports did a thing on vacuums in recent months. maybe you could get a copy of it at your library. one of their best buys was around $80 if i remember right. there were several below $200. i'm fussy about vacuuming too because I am allergic to dust and mites and everything else that blows up from the carpet. we got one of their recomended ones at ~$150 (sorry I'm at work and can't remember the model!) and I'm very happy with it.

o

For a small apartment and roomate situation I would go with an upright Hoover or Eureka. They both work fine to great (depending on which model you buy) and if you two decide not to live together anymore, there wont be a huge fight over who gets the vacume. ;)

o

Don't get the Oreck Electrikbroom. It has no power what so ever. It has a retail of $99. Not worth it. Got it for free and now it is a waste of space in my closet.

o

roomba

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here