Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kweenie97

judi_e! I need your help!

kweenie97
17 years ago

Okay, I need a big favor from you judi_e or anyone else who knows. I live in Lansing, MI and I know that the general rule is landlords have to give 24 hours notice before entering your apartment. Well, we've been getting calls from our leasing office saying they're in the parking lot and want to show our apartment or they'll be there in 5 minutes or what have you. Last month that happened to us 3 days in a row and we weren't happy about it but agreed to let them in. Monday the leasing office called and wanted to come over with a couple within a half hour. I said it wasn't really a good time because I was leaving and my husband was sick in bed. She was fine with it and said she'd call back for another time. Tuesday she called while I was gone and my husband told her he was still sick and didn't want anyone coming over. This time the girl got huffy with him and told him we're required in our lease to let them show the apartment. I had looked this up last month and it does say they have the right to show the apartment but says nothing about how much notice they have to give us. Now they just showed up on our doorstep a bit ago and she said she had left a message about showing the apartment. Since the couple was with her I let them in (still wet from a shower!) but said hubby was still sleeping and the bedroom was off limits. They left pretty quick and when I went to check the answering machine, the message she had left was 20 minutes before they showed up. Is the 24 hour notice law or just common courtesy? If it is law, do you know of a website that says this? I tried the michigan.gov site but it wasn't that helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Sponsored