Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been asking forever, won't fix AC

Posted by volksgeist (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 05 at 2:18

I have a Window AC, it's a big kind though, that the air has not been fixed for a long time now. the heat works but the air hasn't

i've been asking for at least 3 months and everytime he says "he'll be by soon" and it never happens. Can't this break the lease or something? I'm getting really really upset.

Also there is bugs everywhere, i'm finding at least one a day and these arnt just "bugs" they are like spider looking things, maybe from the garden outside. but they should tell you before you move in there is gross bugs everywhere, i hate this place

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been asking forever, won't fix AC

volksgeist -
In some states - check your "Residential Landlord and Tenant" laws for your state - there is a "Fix-it notice" that you can send, notifying the landlord that either they fix it or you are cancelling the lease are out of there. YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAW EXACTLY!

BE SURE you can find a place to live if they don't fix it. This can't be used as a threat, you have to follow through.

You might also have a "I'm gonna fix it, and take it out of the rent" law ... if so, you notify the landlord and if they don't fix it within XX days, you call a contractor and send in the bill along with the rent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here