Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Kill Silverfish

Posted by charlie_grower (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 0:25

Does anyone know how to kill silverfish naturally in an apartment? I was thinking of buying an ebook from http://www.getridofsilverfish.com/kill-silverfish.php to solve the problem but I thought I'd ask here first. Anyone?

(Also, has anyone ever bought that ebook? I'm curious if it's any good.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Kill Silverfish

Gee, wasn't it so clever of you to find that website and then register here to tell us all about it? Your mother must be so proud.

o

Meh, I think its a bad idea to buy most ebooks. Try DE Diamtomaceous Earth Food grade or agricultural grade. The diatoms have sharp glass edges that wreak havoc on the joints of arthropods like silverfish and they also use the surface tension of the wax coating and glass to strip the little critters of their protective cuticle leaving them vulnerable to dessication.

o

If you are looking to kill silverfish or get rid off them naturally the first thing you want to do is make your home a place where the prefer not to live. Silverfish like warm,humid places so you need to check for moisture in your home coming from leaking pipes or faucet,sweaty pipes, and leaky roof.

If you house is humid start running a dehumidfier.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://killsilverfish.org/

o

I hate these things they are so invasive! Its almost impossible to get rid of them once they find their way into your home. Has anyone tried silverfish control

o

I find them in my house now and then. I'm going to try the Diamtomaceous Earth too - I heard that works on all crawlies? I read somewhere that you can spread it around the exterior of your home too, and in the garden...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here