Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
upstairs condo owner will not soundproof his flooring

Posted by sansrx (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 23:57

This condo owner moved in six months ago, and throughout all that time I've endured the quick stepping pounding sounds coming from my bedroom ceiling.
Spoken with him on two separate occasions n would not be met 1/2 way.
He shows no concern for my being inconvenienced at all hours of the day and night.
Next Condo Board meeting my certified letter re flooring conforming to code will be addressd
The only time I enjoy peace is when he's asleep or he's out of his apartment.
One attorney wanted a 10 hour retainer per his hourly rate of $250.
I'm under water by $15k, n would rather not sacrifice my good credit by going the short sale route.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: upstairs condo owner will not soundproof his flooring

Sounds like you have a good plan already, If there is a condo code for the flooring, and he installed flooring that does not come to code, the condo board should force him to change it. Sounds like the best way to tackle the issue, good job. If it's VERY loud, like he is stomping or being loud on purpose, if your town/city has a noise ordinance, you can call and file a noise complaint against him, and an officer will come speak to him about disturbing the peace.

Did you come here for support or to ask for advice? Your post doesn't actually ask anything, I am just guessing here. I will suggest soft foam earplugs. I cannot sleep in my apartment without them due to my insane cats. They make a huge difference. If most of the noise is over your bedroom, PERHAPS a good temporary measure is for you to live more in other rooms? For instance, I have my bedroom in my living room, and my "bedroom" is basically never used. I got a really nice modern loft bed, with a desk below it, looks great, and it's much nicer in the big airy living room anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here