Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kate_7_gw

Way to soundproof apartment floor? Pls. Help

kate_7
17 years ago

Hey guys

A while back I posted a few messages about the a--hole who lives below me. Our lease states "minimum noise at ALL TIMES" and this guy blasts music so loud it shakes my floor and couch/table/etc. I constantly complained to the superintendents, who did nothing. Finally I filed a formal written complaint to the owner, who came to b-tch at me for writing the letter. He said the floors were expertly soundproofed with material not found in other apartments (what a lie).

Anyway, while the noise has decreased, the a--hole is still blasting music.

Unfortunately, I am in the lease til the end of August and I have been unable in finding a subletter, and cannot afford paying for 2 apts. at once...so...looks like I'm stuck for 4 more months. I'm trying to stay positive thinking, I've lasted 8 with this a--hole...but man has it taken a toll on my mental state...:(

ANYWAY, onto the point - is there any way that one could soundproof a floor using materials? I cannot rip up the carpet, but is there something we could layer over the floor - or many things - that would limit our hearing of the booming bass and vibrations?

Any suggestions at all? I'm open to ANYTHING. Thank you!

Comments (7)