Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelylee_gw

no pets policy

lovelylee
16 years ago

Hello, I hope someone can tell me if I did anything wrong. Here is the issue. I've been living in my apartment for almost 5 years. I've seen 2 managers come and go. Many of the original tenants that lived here when I moved in have since moved out. The initial managers where immaculate and most of the tenants where settled older or mature people. Since they left, we had a couple that didn't last very long, they actually trashed the place and now we have a lady who is married to a total womanizer so I guess I can see where to attitude comes from. He comes and goes when I likes. Anyway, Every morning for about 2 weeks, I noticed a foul odor by my parking spot. I called and lft a message for the manager and she never called back. I saw her when I came home from work and she said that no one had a pet and that there was nothing that she could do about a dog doing its business behind the concrete block of my parking spot. I don't know of dogs that would care about hiding when they did it or dogs that would come to the exact same place by themselves and do it.

Anyway, I stopped cleaning it up, put a sign up and I wrote a letter to the management company (certified mail with pictures)because I don't have a pet and I don't want to get caught up when it comes up or if someone got ill from all the pet doo. It is a health hazard. She called be going off saying that I disturbed her the morning that I contacted her because it was so early in the am. I apologized but I still didn't get a callback.

She even said, someone else had the same problem but didn't do what I did. He parks a couple of spaces away and he is older and probably wouldn't complain. Plus after I decided not to clean it up for days, the dog probably said, I'm not going to poo on her spot so the owner let him roam the another spot. I looked this morning and I saw poop still on his spot. The management company contacted her instead of contacting me but if anything happens, I have proof that the problem was brought up and that I don't have the pet. Am I wrong? What avenue would you have taken?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?