Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devon_2008

Upstairs Neighbors Stalk Me!

devon_2008
16 years ago

Hello Everyone. I Live In A House Thats Divided Into An Upstairs And Downstairs Apartment. I Have Been Here Almost Two Years Before The Upstairs Neighbors Moved In A Year Ago. I Thought It Was A Coincidence, But I Realized I Was Being Followed Around The House. No I Am Not Paranoid, They Really Do Follow Me From Room To Room. This Older Woman And Her Younger Daughter Moved In With Her Three Little Kidz. Her Kidz Constantly Follow Me Around The House Stomping On The Floor , From The Moment I Wake Up Till I Come Home From Work. Also When Im Occasionally Watching Tv Or Listeing To Music, They Will Concentrate On The Audio And Stomp In An Attempt To Scare Me If They Hear Something That Pertains To Violence Or Death. I An Very Aware Of The Noise I Make And I Believe I Am A Good Neighbor. I Don't Want To Go Knocking On There Door Because They Will See It Disturbs Me And It Might Get Worse. But One Can Only Take So Much. I Have Retaliated Back By Boucing A Tennis Ball Off The Ceiling, Stomping,Jumping Rope In Doors,Blasting My Stero,Banging My Dishes, And Slamming Doors:) This Whole Family Does These Things On Purpose. I Have Not Done Anything To These People. I Believe They Are Absolutely Crazy. I Kinda Feel Sad For Them Because They Don't Have A Life Outside Of Concentrateing On Me 24/7. I Believe There Family May Be Tied To Gangs. I Am Not Afraid Of Them And They Try So Hard To Instill Fear Into Me. I Think They Have Been Doing This To Try To Get Me To Move? But I Am Strong, And I Just Dont Want To Give Them The Victory. But My Landlord Is Selling The Building Within 6 Months, So We Both Will Have To Move. I Also Have A Fire Arm Just In Case They Want To Try Something Stupid. I Want To Them To Be The First To Move, So What Else Can I Do To Make These Last Few Months A Living Hell?

Comments (26)

• devon_2008
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ps. When I Move Im Buying A Town House. So Glad I Wont Have Any Crazy Psycho's Stalking And Stomping Above My Head. Why Do Landlords Rent Out Upstairs Apartments To People With Small Children. Its Just Not Right. Apartments Suck!

• lucy
    16 years ago

You know, when you capitalize every word here, it makes it very difficult to read! Have you actually asked or told the people not to follow you around? You're being just as weird as they are if you're doing all the bad behaviour you say you are - and has it helped? That's not the way to handle things.

• taku
    16 years ago

Tool

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    16 years ago

I can't even be bothered to read that format... owww, my eyes!

• fredwolf
    16 years ago

wow, what an insane post!

• jannie
    16 years ago

Devon, have you moved yet? Are those crazy neighbors still bothering you?

• devon_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

@Jannie. Yes, I moved last week. I just couldn't keep up with the foolishness, I have better things to do. It is amazing to me how some people will spend there time..lol But anyway, I love my new place so far(knock on wood). Silence is golden.

• kiwi0099
    14 years ago

Get some dry ice and make a pressure 'bomb' (loud noise but no fire)... Do this outside at about 3am. It makes a very loud noise and scares people but is completely harmless when no one is in the immediate vicinity of the bottle (like throw it in a metal trash can, the echo will make it even louder and act as protection from potential shards). As with everything being safety cautious is very important.

I had a neighbor that would play loud music all night every night, asking him to stop or banging on the wall didn't help. He quit when I let one of those off on his balcony one night. I know it sounds psycho but some people are just not kind and need to be shown that you can be evil too.

I wouldn't do anything with your firearm since you will probably get thrown in jail even if the little kid comes at you with a knife.

• HU-749202105
    4 years ago

I'm living the same situation.

I live in an apartment in a building for many many years. This building was fresh new when I moved in. During more than 10 years, I never had a problem. But for the last years, I started being attacked by neighbors.

At the beginning, I took some time to realise what were happening. It started when at the afternoon I was praticing my violin (as I always did) and when I finished I immediately listened a noise which seemed to be some kind of building works. This happenned more than one time, and of course I finally realised that it was on purpose just to tease me.

Then, the same noises started to happen everytime I sang some song or everytime I laughed at some joke.

So, it started to happened and with constant repetition when I was watching tv at night (and I was with the sound volume just enough to listen the tv) before midnight, after midnight I used to decrease the tv sound volume considerally (but the noises continued everynight).

One night, I turned off the tv (which was almost with no sound volume) and went to bed, immediately I listen a strong noise that gave the certain that all those noises were coming from the upstairs apartment.

Since that night, they started following me through all the apartment, and making all kinds of possible noises to attack me in my own home.

As I don't live alone, I told the other familiar who lives with me what was happening and that person treated me as I was kind of crazy creating fantasies in my mind. That person is older than me and I can hear better than this person, because of this some of the noises that I hear this person doesn't hear and the noises that this person can hear I hear even more strong.

Even this building being not so old, unfortunately all sounds made are heard (even when whispering). And the upstairs neighbors soon realised that the other person living with me couldn't hear some of the noises they used to do, and they started doing a game with me turning my familiar more and more against me.

Recently I started dating someone and my date started sleeping here and then started living here with me. My date can hear all those noises that my neighbors do to me and is witness of these stalking and bulling I'm being victim 24 hours a day.

Unfortunately, we don't have how to prove what's happening.

• HU-997315883
    3 years ago

I live in a downstairs apartment. The upstairs apartment has a stalker in it. He stalks me follows me from room to room jump down on my head throw furniture and try to intimidate me with unwanted aggrevating loud noise. Hes a narcissist most of them are. He waits till I get home from work to aggrevate me. It usually be quiet when I enter my apartment. So i noticed it. So now when i come in I dont turn on anything like tv or stereo. I keep it quiet. If u get a fan and keep everything off it stays quiet and they cant burst through sound barrier helps alot

• Lanisha Carson
    3 years ago

OMG!! This IS my current situation!! She follows me to the BATHROOM, EVERY!! I feel sooo violated!! I have a RECORDING of me DIRECTLY asking her WHY IS SHE FOLLOWING ME!! She stuttered and said, "UM, UM, I don't know what to tell u, you know such and such?" I THEN said "I didn't call for NOTHING ELSE except the fact of you following me!" It's more to the conversation but I LITERALLY let the apt manager listen to this and she said, "She hasn't violated her lease agreement, but (all the things I did to ATTEMPT to have privacy) playing your music and your tv loud is!" WTFFFFF!!!

• HU-432778999
    2 years ago

I am livi thos now its a man and an elderly lady above me i thought it was quincidence but my son and husband have now notice he follows me from room to room i just made a video of him doing this at 1:30 - 2:00 am i walked from spot to spot and was followed by foot steps what do i do now and how does he know where i am i can have no phone make no noise it dont matter and the footseps always follow me i feel like im being watched through the floor 24/7

• Ola Mcghee
    2 years ago

Hi I'm going through the same I've only been here for 4 months.My neighbor upstairs follows me around everyday. He doesn't sleep or go anywhere outside.So I have both my TV'S on so he won't no what room I'm in.He does alot of creep walking but I can still hear him.The only place he doesn't really go is the bathroom.How is he just walking around like take a shower.These are miserable people that have no life.And to the people saying we are crazy.Just because your not going through it doesn't mean it's not happening to other people.

• HU-48951121
    2 years ago

Got same problem,,i thought it was me,,some crazy people out there. very Sad. Let it wash over you people.

• HU-427976316
    last year

I get the same thing - (being followed around by upstairs foot "stompers") by a couple who live in an upstairs apartment and who are in the navy (Bremerton, WA). I learned that the Navy enlists people with autism and even bi-polar disorders if they can get a waiver. I strongly believe these people have this issue but I can't be absolutely sure. They follow me from room to room stomping their feet. I too at one point used a tennis ball and often turn on the fans or white noise generator and put the volume up on the TV to drown out the effect.

Noise cancelling head phones help, and they seem to sense I am not bothered and stop stomping about..!

It's a nerve wracking problem. They have homeless friends that stay with them often, and since they don't stay more than a few days at a time the apartment management claims they can't do anything about it. Fortunately the homeless people are better behaved and don't stomp their feet all the time. But the traffic by unidentified persons is nerve wracking and possibly even dangerous.

The maintenance guy across the hall slammed his door all the time, and would go in and out of his apartment sometimes 20 times a day (I'm not kidding) but he moved out some months after the folks upstairs moved in (thank God!). He too had homeless persons staying with him at times...He never talked to anybody except the male "foot stomper" upstairs. He had a very pronounced mental dis order, sometimes scurrying past people, even apartment managers, as though he was having a "paintball fight". I don't know how else to describe it. I strongly believe these neighbor folks are acquainted through an autism support group or other mental health support network, but again, I can't be absolutely sure. The apartment management office won't talk about their maintenance employee except to say he's an OK guy. They refuse to inform me what kind of mental condition he has, probably due to HEPPA guidelines.

I don't think it's fair to burden decent well mannered folks with these types of people. My cat is on tranquilizers and I almost want to get some for myself. I am 66 years old and have been out of work due to a shoulder surgery. I seems I don't have the funds or am physically incapacitated when I want to try and move. And now with all the rent increases I probably better stay put due to limited income. It's too bad more isn't done about these issues, especially with the stress it produces.

Looking at this webpage I see this is a pretty common problem. Pretty awful stuff...

Signed,

Paul H.

• pikaTusa
    last year

Huh, funny story about how some kids were able to scare a grown man.

• HU-427976316
    last year

Try going to prison for self defense assault and then talk about fear some more.

And I am a grown man - 66 years old.

And it's not fear, it's having your nerves worn down by evil people who would like to see you have a heart attack, and who make your house cat sick with anxiety.

Go punch em out Rambo...

• HU-427976316
    last year

Actually, these aren't kids, they're 20 to 30 years old. To an "enabling" mom who dotes on autistic children, they might be considered "kids".

• HU-730810252
    last year

Unfortunately I've been through this a couple of times

• V X
    last year

Hello HU-427976316,

I actually live in the same town as you (Bremerton, WA) and am currently experiencing the same thing. Upstairs neighbors moved in last month and are somehow able to know exactly where I am at. They are constantly following me from room to room and are directly over my head dropping things on the ground and banging and stomping. They also intentionally stand on weak parts of the floor to make my ceiling crack continuously at all hours. Did you ever figure out how they knew where you were in your apartment? This has been driving me nuts.

• HU-220360748
    last year

I'm not really sure, but there should be an ordinance addressing that kind of behavior. It can lead to violence,

• Dahlia Quiles
    last year
    last modified: last year

• Anthony Ross-fallon
    10 months ago

!

• Michael Martinez
    last month

Seeking your assistance: I have an upstairs neighbor who is using a device to somehow follow me all over my apartment. I have considered: Vibration sensors, Tomographic sensors, thermal devices, or possibly some type of black market equipment. Can anybody who has experience with these devices tell me what he is using? Is there a way to jam or block that device? Thank you for your help! #neighbor #second #floor #device #follow #around #thermal #sensors #vibration #tomographic #upstairs #second #floor

• Barbara Jean
    28 days ago

Omg! I could cry. I’m dealing with this as I type and no one seems to believe me. I’m not crazy, not paranoid, do not know the person. I just want it to stop because I can’t afford to move right now.

Did you ever figure out what was going on? Did you ultimately move?

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone