Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treadmill Upstairs

Posted by taralee (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 6, 04 at 23:55

Our neighbor, it would seem, has embarked upon an exercise routine. Every night, for at least an hour, and sometimes much longer, there's an odd rhythmic thumping coming from upstairs. I'm fairly certain it's a treadmill from the sound, but I'm not positive. If it were only a few times a week for 20 or 30 minutes at a time, I could probably live with it, but this is often close to a couple of hours a night, every night. I'm debating how best to handle this...I'd like to approach them, and ask them about it, maybe see if they could move it to the opposite side of the apartment so we wouldn't hear it as much. Any suggestions on how to word things?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treadmill Upstairs

If it really is a treadmill, you might want to hold out for awhile. If he/she is like most anyone else, the interest will fade and he/she will stop using it. If you do ask that person to move it, be aware that he/she may move it somewhere that could be even more bothersome (like over your bedroom). Also, maybe it just needs a mat under it (a good exercise mat can help to absorb some of the sound).

But maybe it is something else - could it be a washing machine and dryer? I don't know too many people that can sustain a couple of hours on a treadmill.

o
RE: Treadmill Upstairs

mabey he is fat, and wants to lose some weight, let the man work :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here